Stoke-On-Trent (ST4), Stoke-On-Trent
£50,000 per annum
Our client is currently recruiting for a General Manager to join their team within their state of the art Stoke on Trent distribution centre.
In this role you will be required to manage all factors of the distribution centre to help guide the team to reach and exceed target KPI’s. This role requires you to be a very hands on person with a practical approach to problem solving, and to always look to achieve a high level of quality management.
You will have 3-5 direct reports into you, including Warehouse Shift Managers. In addition they will liaise closely with the internal departments to ensure all productivity, accuracy and cost targets are met and exceeded.
The existing shift pattern for the warehouse operative teams is currently set at 2 shifts over 7 days. For this position you would be required to work the following hours:
Mon – Friday
9:00am to 5:30pm
• Plan and co-ordinate detailed operational activities through First Line Managers, to ensure the required level of service is provided.
• Be responsible for overall productivity within the operation, ensure that activities are cost effective and manage levels of manpower and other resources.
• Managing Recruitment targets every week
• Maintain and improve performance levels to maximise efficiency of operation in line with KPI’s.
• KPI Reporting (Warehouse costs, warehouse productivity and shipping)
• Support First Line Managers with counselling, coaching and the development of all employees.
• Analyse cross internal and external feedback/information & propose innovative ideas to enhance the overall function.
• Maintain and enhance the quality systems and initiatives to ensure the continuous improvement of the operation.
• Work within the departmental budget to own and achieve targets.
• Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse.
• Weekly Meetings with shift managers and team leaders.
You will have:
• Thorough knowledge and hands on experience of a warehouse function within the Retail distribution industry.
• A background operating at a Senior / Warehouse Manager level.
• A passion for creating an innovative culture where all employees are able to voice their suggestions and ideas.
• Excellent team management and customer relationship skills.
• Resource planning skills to ensure shifts are planned efficiently
• Flexibility to cover a variety of shift patterns when required
• Performance management skills, to help monitor colleagues on site